Engineering and motorsport performance
The Bicester Performance Engineering Centre is the newest of OCVC's four college sites, providing specialised training and education to the motorsports industry.
See all our Engineering and motorsport courses.
Located just a few miles from Silverstone, this campus is the perfect base for our motorsports students. Nationally recognised as an exceptionally well-equipped centre, the facilities include:
- fabrication and welding workshops featuring the latest TIG welding technology
- engineering machining workshops including CNC machining and material testing
- composites workshop with full size autoclave
- hand fit workshop
- computer aided design with 2D and 3D software and computational fluid dynamics
- motorsport workshop including sub-assembly and engine rebuild with numerous open-wheeled cars
- specialist projects workshops
Our teaching staff are a mixture of academics and vocational trainers with the combined experience of over 100 years working in top flight motorsport.
While motorsports is a typically male-dominated industry, increasing numbers of female students are joining our engineering courses.
Find out more about what it’s like to study with us from some of our current female students.