Access to Higher Education
Our Access courses prepare successful students to progress to undergraduate degree courses at universities throughout the UK.
You will experience the different kinds of learning that you need for university. As well as writing essays and reports, you will give presentations, participate in seminars and learn how to work in a group.
See all our Access courses.
Depending on your subjects, you can:
- Undertake a piece of anthropological fieldwork
- Carry out psychological research
- Practise hands-on science experiments in our professionally-equipped laboratories
- Participate in a Law moot
- Create an art portfolio to professional standards
- Prepare and perform a piece of drama before an audience
- Focus on subjects relating to your degree of choice.
The course offers you the opportunity to focus on subjects that are directly related to your choice of degree, and develop the skills of analysis essential to academic success and future employment.
You are given credits for your work by OCN Credit4Learning, which is licensed by the QAA to award the Access Diploma to successful students.
If you are 24 or over and studying on a Level 3 course, you are eligible to apply for a loan to cover your tuition fees. The loans are not means-tested or subject to credit checks and you start repaying it when you earn over £21,000 per year. Repayments will not start before 2016. Loans are administered by the Student Loans Company and you can start applying for a loan from April 2013.
24+ loans for access to higher education courses are automatically cleared if you go on to complete a higher education course with support of a higher education student loan.