Sixth Form College
OCVC has A-level centres in Oxford for the dedicated use of our A-level students.
You will find all the facilities you need within one location, you will be taught by specialist A-level teachers, and you will enjoy the support you would expect from a traditional sixth form.
OCVC offers a wide range of subjects and at your interview our friendly tutors will help you to decide which combination of subjects will be best for you and your future success.
Six key reasons for choosing A-levels at our specialist Sixth Form College:
- Outstanding success rates
- Highly qualified staff who lead and manage subjects
- Specialist staff who are examiners in their course subjects
- Personal tutors and support staff who ensure you succeed
- Dedicated team of people who ensure your successful progression into work and/or your first choice university
- Varied enrichment programme to ensure you develop the learning skills and have the guidance you need to achieve your career or university goals
Entry requirements for all A-level courses:
To join our A-level progamme you will need a minimum of six GCSEs at grade C or above, including English language. In order to study some subjects at A-level, higher GCSE grades may be required - this will be discussed at your interview.
GCSEs – full-time programme
This full-time GCSE programme is for 16-19 year-olds who have not achieved the required GCSEs at grade C or above to study on a Level 3 course.
It is an intensive one-year programme which includes GCSEs in double science, maths, English, psychology and media studies. Success allows entry to A-levels and extended diplomas.