As a large and successful training provider OCVC is able to offer a wide range of tailored commercial training solutions to meet the needs and budget of each customer.
The security industry is a great industry to get into at the moment with so many opportunities for work. Security guarding, door supervisors at pubs and clubs, CCTV operators and event security are just some examples of the range of jobs available once you have trained and obtained your licence to work. We offer the following courses:
Level 2 Award in Door Supervision: A 5 day course aimed at anyone seeking employment in frontline security. The course involves theory work (such as laws it is essential to know) and practical work (physical intervention and self-defence techniques). Assessment done predominantly through multiple choice exams.
Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations: A 4 day course for anyone interested in working in CCTV. The college possesses it’s own mobile CCTV systems so a lot of work is done using equipment to enhance the theoretical knowledge gained and prepare you for work.
Physical Intervention Upskill training: For those people needing to renew their SIA Door Supervision licence, they may have to complete the physical intervention aspect of the course. This takes place over 1 or 2 days and we use a training model which we believe is one of the best around. You will learn several useful techniques which could be used in real-life scenarios.
First Aid courses
Possessing a first aid qualification is a great asset to have. Not only might you one day have to administer treatment to a family member, friend, colleague, customer or anyone you come across, but holding a first aid qualification is very attractive to a potential employer.
- Emergency First Aid: A 1 day course focusing on dealing with emergency situations and administering life-saving treatment.
- First Aid at Work: A 3 day course which covers all aspects of the emergency first aid and also ensures you leave knowing how to deal with many different types of injury from cuts and grazes to broken bones.
- Paedeatric First Aid: Administering first aid to children and babies can be very different to administering it to adults. For those who work with children and for any parents of young children it is very important to know how to treat them following the almost inevitable accidents they have!
Award in Personal Licence Holders: A very desirable qualification to hold for anyone working in the food or drink industry. It is a 1 day course on which you will learn a lot about important laws, legislations and your rights as a staff member. Assessed through a multiple choice exam.
We also offer a wide range of other courses, including:
- Microsoft Academy courses (Word, Excel, Access etc)
- Leadership & Management Development
- Security Guard Courses (e.g. Door Supervision & Security Guarding; CCTV, Physical Intervention)
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety
- Train the Trainer Skills
- British Sign Language
- Disability Awareness
- AAT Accounts
- Electrical Inspection & Testing
- Commercial Gas Courses (Gas Safe)
- ECO Construction
- Languages for Business People
For more information, please contact our Employer Services team:
Phone: 01865 551015